Gathering Groups is a psilocybin retreat in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada, formed around a 12-week online community, offering a space of shared connection, resilience, and personal growth to 6-8 individuals per group. These groups employ a distinctive mixture of embodied practice and plant medicine to reconnect participants to their inner selves and the community. The groups, facilitated by trained experts, establish a trauma-informed, safe environment, promoting a holistic experience for all participants, fostering a sense of belonging, regulating the nervous system, and allowing healing and growth.
Drawing on Dr. Stephen Porges’ Polyvagal theory and Dr. Darcia Narvaez’s “Evolved Nest” concept, Gathering Groups operates on researched-backed models, emphasizing the value of small, close-knit, and intention-sharing groups for optimal regulation of the nervous system and expansion of tolerance to challenging emotions and experiences. Participants are empowered with skills and strategies to access inner wisdom, enabling a harmonious blend of healing, connection, and personal development.
The 12-week small-group community-based practice (prep, experience, integration) has 12 virtual sessions (participate from anywhere in the world) and a one-day medicine ceremony (psilocybin) in-person at our retreat space in Greater Vancouver (Abbotsford. Overnight options available). We believe that COMMUNITY IS MEDICINE. Uniquely, many private insurers cover the cost of the 12 virtual sessions under “group therapy”.
- We offer a comprehensive container of preparation, experience and integration.
- You can join our virtual sessions from anywhere in the world and just come to Vancouver for your medicine ceremony
- COMMUNITY is medicine: by the time we journey together, we have fostered deep, authentic relationships between participants which regulates their nervous systems and allows them to relax and trust deeply in their medicine ceremony. This accelerates and enhances the results of the medicine work.
- Based on evidence-based theories (ie: Polyvagal Theory, Evolved Next concept) combined with Indigenous leadership and ways of being/healing
- Private insurance often covers the 12 virtual sessions (excluding the medicine day)